27 April 2019

More interesting Hagan ancestors - part 2


Interesting/famous/immigrant Hagan ancestors - 2

I have two different online genealogical websites:

1  1)  One is my toast.net website that I have to program and upload myself.  I haven't updated it in years;
2  2)  The other is hosted by rootsweb/ancestry.  I upload my genealogy database and it is put in a format that's easy to navigate.  The advantage to using this system is that ALL my data is here - not just what I purposely wrote up and recapped. 

So that being said, as a way of presenting my information, here are several interesting hagan/crego ancestors:

Some more interesting Hagan ancestors

1)  Asahel Bacus Parker, Baptist Circuit Rider.  Moved with family from New York, then into Ohio, where he met his wife.  Then on to Indiana, then into St. Joseph County, Michigan.   His wife died in 1861 and he in 1862 in a carriage accident. 
.


2) Cephas and Cyrus Parker, twin sons of Asahel Bacus Parker and Hepsey Ann Johnson.  Our written family history had stated that they fought against each other in the civil war.  After much research and collaborating with other researchers, we have determined that they both, in fact, fought in the Civil War for the Union Army.  Cephas stayed in Cass County Michigan for the rest of his life.  But for some reason, Cyrus ended up in Tennessee and married there.  In fact, his widow applied for a pension, based on his union service.



 3)Daniel H. Johnson.  Father of Hepsey Ann Johnson, who married Asahel Bacus Parker.  Daniel.  He married Anna North in Connecticut and moved to Ohio.  In fact, they were settlers into Ohio around 1809.  Ohio had just become a state in 1803.  Daniel fought in the War of 1812.  A published local history by his granddaughter states that while Daniel was off at war, his wife, Anna, slept with a pitchfork at the head of the bed to protect their family from the Indians.




Hagan ancestors that I know about, but haven't done a lot of original research:

Caleb Johnson.  Father of Daniel H. Johnson.  Born in 1745 in Middlesex County, Connecticut.  Served in the Revolutionary War in the Connecticut line for 2 years.


No comments: